My 2015/ The films to be excited for...

What Lies ahead...




Hey Everyone!! and happy belated New Year!!! Sorry that I haven't posted a Blog post in so long. As some people may know, I did have important University assignments to take care of and I couldn't really break away from the work, just so I could do more Blog posts. Believe me guys, if I was Superman and I had the power of a million suns, then yeah, you would of seen a lot more content recently but sadly, I'm not that strong haha. One thing that I do want to say as well, is to say thank you. Thank you to the people who have over the Christmas period, been reading my Blog posts from a couple of months ago. For me at least, if there is at least one person who reads any of my Blog Posts, i'm over the moon, but to see that there have been multiple people reading the different subjects on my Blog, there isn't any words to describe how thankful and appreciated I am of YOU guys for just viewing my Blog, so again I would like to say thank you.


Now that is out of the way and 2014 is nothing but history now, it's time to focus on 2015 and make it a good year like the last. Now, I will get to films that I am looking forward to/review of 2015 after I discuss what I am planning to do for 2015 firstly, so if you are more interested in the films of 2015 that i'm looking forward to, please feel free to just scroll down and skip this section of me basically talking to you guys about what lies ahead for me in 2015.


So firstly, before I talk about what's coming up with the Blog and YouTube, I do want to talk about me personally and what I want to achieve this year. Now I think the norm for everyone when it comes to New Year goals is to try and get fit and become healthier.. haha and yes I have also fallen for that cliché resolution as well but it's certainly true, I do need to become a lot healthier overall.
I mean, I'm nothing like this guy haha
Learning how to drive is also on the list of priorities I want to check off the list of things I need to do in 2015; it's something that I've wanted to do for a long time now and it's ridiculous how I haven't even had one lesson on driving so for sure that's gonna change. One of the things I do really hate as well is when I see people post up tweets or Facebook posts about how they passed their tests and they instantly get a car and go.. 'I love my new car!!' or something outlandish like that and i'm just there thinking.. 'yeah okay "your car" when clearly your parents bought it for you and you'll probably ask them to pay for the fuel and/ or insurance'. I dunno I just find it funny how some people get handsomely rewarded when they pass any sought of test, but whatever haha. The last thing that I promised myself is to get the most important priorities that pop in my life fixed straight away, and when I say priorities, I of course mean my assignments which I leave till like the last week or something. Frankly on my end.. that's piss poor. I shouldn't have to be rushing my essays near the deadline date. As soon as I get any work from now, I just need to attack at it straight away, that means, reading the question thoroughly, reading around the subject and picking books and make sure when I am writing up the assignment, to read through as much as possible. That probably wraps up everything I want to achieve this year; I know there'll be other things that pop up naturally over this year so as a constant reminder to me and you.. 'expect the unexpected'. Right, now onto the Ideas on the Blog and my Youtube Channel.


Since I am telling everything on my Blog rather than on my YouTube channel, I think it's only fair that I start off with the Blog due to the fact that I get a lot of people on here and the fact there is a fair bit to get through. So as soon as this Blog post about 2015 is posted up, I will be doing a sought of series relating to football; more specifically on the top teams of the Premier league. I have done something similar before with how the top teams will do throughout the 2014/2015 season with my overall opinion on where they'll finish, the players they have and yet to bring in etc. This football series, which will focus on Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool, will simply be about how they are doing now in the half-way point of the season and will centre around where they'll finish, what players they all to get and release and MY opinions on what team/formation each team should occupy. Whilst this series of football is going, I will be talking about a lot news that has cropped up in the film industry recently such as Scarlett Johansson becoming the main star in the anime adaptation of Ghost in the Shell, and of course talking about the BAFTA nominations and i'll share with you, my opinions on the nominations themselves; whether they should be in the awards at all and who could possibly win each category. The football and the Film News pieces will be next then. After this then, I will focus all my attention on Anime and some reviews. The reviews as far as I know will roughly be around Cowboy Bebop - both the original series and movie, Pokemon Origins - which reflects on the character of Red from the original Pokemon games, Attack on Titan and Highschool of the Dead which are both on Netflix now. Besides Anime reviews though, I will be looking at Pixars future which will be similar to how I did with my Blog post on Disney's future, I will talk about the future projects that Pixar are going to release and basically share with you my opinions and thoughts on these projects. One thing I want to do with the Film Reviews section is 1. I do want to a series which reflects on film series so for example The Hobbit films, The Lord Of The Rings trilogy and the Harry Potter films and sought of overview each series and see where there strengths and weaknesses are. Of course I will be over-viewing over series as well so don't worry if I haven't mentioned it, I will get around most of the big films series. 2. One of the main objectives I wanted to achieve on this Blog as well was to review films that you wanted to see and read. It would be cool if any of YOU guys could recommend a film/T.V show for me to review and share with you on what I think of it. Of course for the Film Reviews section, I do need to review new films that come out so that's a certainty, although I can't really watch every single film that comes out this year, im not that loaded haha. But Know I will review the new films that i'm interested and share my thoughts with you guys. With the Gaming reviews, there probably won't be anything on that what I know of. What I want to do is since I play games for YouTube, once I finish a play-through of a game, I will do a review of that finished game which makes sense. I may do the odd game review if I feel like. Since I have a lot of stuff to write about in this time now, for the next few weeks I will be going overload with Blog so make sure to keep in tune with what I have posted. As far as the schedule goes, I can't really promise to do 3 Blog posts a week due to the fact that it's a lot of typing and I do have other things to take care of. But, what I can promise is to make sure that I at least upload a post per week, so there won't be a week throughout this year where there won't be a Blog post, I'll make sure that for every week, there is 1 Blog post I do. That about wraps it up for the Blog information.. now on to the YouTube Channel.


New YouTube Profile Pic...
So if you didn't know already, I do have a YouTube channel which is basically a gaming channel. This is the link - https://www.youtube.com/user/94DarkBunny... Like with the Blog, I have also haven't had the time to make videos for the channel due to the masses of work I had to do for University. It's annoying becasue I do want to be consistent with the content I upload; I don't want to upload a video that's really good and then leave it till like two months and start another video.. I am going to change that this year. Also similar to the Blog, I am promising to at least make 1 video every week for the channel, but I know with the amount of stuff I want to do now, you'll see more than 1 in due time. I'll probably start editing/uploading next week due to the fact that this is a perfect week where I can record the different gaming content I want to do. Now as far as games go, I am still gonna continue to upload games from the PS2 Era, IMO those games that came out for the PS2 were really good and I kind of want to share my childhood experiences with everyone which I think will be cool. What I will change however, is that I will be doing a PS3 game play-through soon which will be of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, which I did do a review of on my Blog which is this link----- http://rabbittevision.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-white-witch-review.html. As for the PS2 games i'm going to play, I am going to continue to do James Bond: Nightfire due to the fact it does get better, I will be also be playing LOTR: Return of the King which like my past play-through of LOTR: Two Towers, is pretty epic here's the playlist for that https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9v_WRkc9ztHHHId_6DRqCk6mXowfBVwo. I am also going to play a game called 'ONI'  which is done by Bungie who did the original Halo series of games; it's quite an interesting game IMO so stay tuned for that. I do have a lot of other PS2 games in the back burner so don't worry if you are bored of seeing the same games, there will be various games to see coming soon. As far as the uploading is going to go, I do want to vary the uploads, so on 1 day  could upload a part fro James Bond and then the next upload a part from Ni No Kuni becuase looking back at how I uploaded, I did just upload the same game over and over, I DO need to vary the games and upload at the same time. I have tweaked other Channel aspects as well such as a new profile pic for my channel which you can see of the right of you, and I have made a proper outro to my videos now which will look good for the videos and play-throughs I will do.


FILMS

As it is the first Blog of the year that I'm doing, I didn't just want to inform you guys of what i'm up this year, I wanted it to be interesting so I thought, why not let you know which films to look out for this year since this 2015 and i'm sure the heavy hitters will be much better than those heavy hitters of 2014. Don't get my wrong, there some great films last year like Guardians of The Galaxy, X-MEN Days of Future Past, Nightcrawler and many more, I just get this feeling though that 2015 will be even better. Now I will go in time order from January to December, which means that I WILL NOT be talking about the award contenders due to the fact that this issue will be in a different Blog Post. But.. Let us start my list with American Sniper..



American Sniper - (January 16th - Directed by Clint Eastwood, Starring Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller).

For the purposes of me really wanting to see this, I don't want to go into much detail in terms of the plot. All you really need to know is that it is based on a true story. I remember watching the first teaser trailer for this and thinking 'wow' what have I just stumbled upon? it's obvious going to be tense due to the story being set in Iraq, but from the trailer at least and from people who have seen early showing off this, Bradley Cooper puts up a great performance. Honestly for me, Cooper from what i've seen at least, has done some good performances in the past recent years; to name a few Limitless, Silver Linings Playbook and last year with Guardians of the Galaxy playing a Raccoon. The fact that Clint Eastwood is directing this as well should be good considering the amount of thrillers/Drama's he done in recent years, those experiences I think will transpose well in this film being edgy which is what it looks like from the trailers.




Ex_Machina - (January 23rd - Directed by Alex Garland, Starring Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson and Alicia Vikander)

Out of some the films that are coming out this year, I really want Ex_Machina to be one of the best films of the year. From the overall look being dark and melancholic and the fact it takes on ideas of the soul living through technology, I can't help but think to my-self that it's a work that Stanley Kubrick could of easily done. That's not being hard on the film, it's a compliment, especially towards Alex Garland who not only is making his directorial debut, but has in the past written for some good films such as 28 Days Later, Sunshine and Never Let Me Go. The fact that it's a British feature makes me not only excited for the film, but also happy to be reassured that there are people still in the British film industry that make interesting and deep story-lines. For sure, this will be one of the best British films of the year IMO, it would be fantastic if it could be potentially a film of the year for some critics.




Kingsman: The Secret Service - (January 29th - Directed by Matthew Vaughn, Starring Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Caine)

This for me, could be THE action film of the year. First off, great casting; I'm liking how the film even though has a strong cast as you can see above, it seems as though they have blended the big names with the young talent which is good to see. It's evident straight away from the trailer with the action and the choreography that this is a film directed by Matthew Vaughn who has done the new X-Men films, Kick -Ass and Layer Cake. The general feeling I get when I watch the various trailers for this, is that it makes me feel as though i'm watching the X-Men but has James Bond as their member. This could be that it is directed by Vaughn and that it is a comic-book adaptation. Either way, all of these aspects mesh together and overall, it just look a load of fun to watch..




Chappie - (March 6th - Directed by Neil Blomkamp, Starring Shartlo Copley, Hugh Jackman and Dev Patel)

Admittedly, I don't really know too much about this film, but I do know it's directed by Neil Blomkamp who did District 9 and Elysium and that does mean we'll have a distinct gritty style which he tends to develop in his films. There are a lot of critics who are saying this is a film to look out for this year so we'll see if it does live up to their expectations. It does seems to be a natural rival however to Schwarzenegger's Terminator Genisys which frankly looks rather topsy-turvy anyway.









Avengers: Age of Ultron - (April 24th - Directed by Joss Whedon, Starring Robert Downey, Jr. Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and James Sprader)

Undoubtedly, this will be the super-hero film of the year. No offence to Ant-Man and Fantastic Four, this big boy will be the money maker. I don't know if anyone else felt the same way as me, but judging from the trailer, it almost feels too dark. Don't get me wrong that is something that some super-hero films lack which I think is crucial in terms of telling the story, but I hope they don't get too carried away with it. A good sequel will always maintain the good aspects they had from the first film, and apply it to the sequel. It does look as though they have kept that balance of screen time between the various heroes, however there is a shortage of comedy innuendoes which funnily enough was a promising aspect in the last Avengers film. It will be certainly interesting to see how this film does which will tells us, how the future Marvel films will pan out...





Tomorrowland - (May 22nd - Directed by Brad Bird, Starring George Clooney, Britt Robertson and Hugh Laurie)

Now I have talked a bunch about this in one of my past Blog posts, so I won't go into excessive detail on it other than the fact that it's certainly a project that is shrouded in mystery. It was originally supposed to be called 1952 by Walt Disney Pictures, but is called Tomorrowland which is a name of a ride found at the Disney theme parks. From the trailer it looks to be a visually appealing Sci-Fi flick. It has to be said, I am not the biggest fan of George Clooney; I think he's overrated in everything that he's been in that I've seen of him. However, I can't really pre-judge on this performance, so we'll have to wait and see if this film delivers or flops...








Jurassic World - (June 12th - Directed by Colin Trevorrow, Starring Chris Pratt)

This is one of the titles of the year that does kind make me nervous over due to the fact that I think the people who were behind this film franchises revival, were thinking that by bringing back one the famous film franchises, we can make MONEY!! which will probably show in this piss poor re-make. I hope i'm wrong, but we have been here before with other popular film franchises that have had revivals and have turned out to kill themselves with a knife. To be honest as well, I have never been a fan of the Jurassic film; sure it's cool seeing all these dinosaurs and what not, but I always mange my -self to get bored, sorry but that's the truth. From the trailer as well, isn't the plot vaguely reminiscent of such films like Alien or Predator.. everything about this project seems a bit fishy..






Inside Out - (July 24th - Directed by Pete Doctor)

The 1st of two animations that i'm liking the look of, Inside Out is for sure a very different and clever animation. It's different and clever because of what the main subject matter is, which is essentially what happens inside our heads? There is a really cool trailer of which we see a family having dinner and we see the different emotions in the different people guiding the specific person, it's beautifully written due to the fact you have a mother who has her emotions very co-ordianted and tell the mother to think about the handsome looking guy from the T.V ad she recently watched, and we have the Dad who blanks out to what the mother is saying; it's genuinely a great little scene full of good writing. One hurdle that it has to get over though, is that can it be the number 1 animation of the year? im not so sure due to the fact that the other animation could overwhelm the main target audience for these animations..





Minions - (June 26th - Directed by Pierre Coffin, Starring Pierre Coffin, Sandra Bullock and John Ham)

The second animation I have picked out for this year which I think will win the best animation of the year IMO. Over the recent years, The little yellow aliens how become more than just characters, they have become play things for kids and have been used well in merchandise for the films of Despicable me. What is more appealing as well, the is the stellar names that they have in to act for this film, besides the top casts you see above, you also have Steve Coogan and Michael Keaton as well which will bring in the audience. There's no mistake about it, the Minions will be a summer hit...







The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 - (November 20th - Directed by Francis Lawrence, Starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth)

It does feel weird seeing and talking the last Hunger Games film, it only feels like yesterday since the 1st came out about a few years ago. Reflecting a little bit, it's a film series that for sure made Jennifer Lawrence the star that she is today, but even without her in the films, the success would of been still there due to the fact that the books did well. Being honest again, I haven't watched the 1st part of this so i'm only going off of what the critics have said and other people, the 1st part was apparently boring. If that's the case then they really need to step up a gear if we want to to say in a few years time that, the Hunger Games are a part of that elite group of film series in recent years. Not gonna lie, it will be kind of weird not seeing these films at the cinema's ever again.. oh wait, practically everyone copies this dystopian concept now, so what is there to Complain about!!!......




James Bond: Spectre - (October 23rd - Directed by Sam Mendes, Starring Daniel Craig, Christoph Waltz and Léa Seydoux)

You know, after watching Quantum of Solace back in 2009, I was a bit disappointed, not in how the film was boring and nonsensical, but nervous as well in the fact that the future Bond films could potentially never again be something that was always consistently good. Skyfall changed all that, it epitomised of what a James Bond film should be in style and narrative and is one of my favourite Bond films along with Daniel Craig who is perhaps the best actor to play this infamous role. I honestly don't want to spoil my self with the plot when we nearing the release date of this film. One thing I am glad to know however, is the arrival of Christoph Waltz who is set to be the villain of this story. For me, choosing Waltz is the best decision Mendes could ever make, Waltz who can speak 3 different languages fluently as shown in Inglorious Basterds, does have this creepy aura about him in the performances he has played. With him in the film, i'm sure it will be up their with one of the best films of the year...



 Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens - (December 18th - Directed by J.J. Abrams)

Of Course you guessed it, the cherry on top of that 2015 cake - Star Wars The Force Awakens. For sure, along with a few others in this list, this will be a film that contends for the best film of 2015. I am liking how everything is working for the film at moment. What I mean by this is how everything is being kept secret, the teaser trailer that we all glorified ourselves in didn't reveal too much which I thought was a good move to make. What I like about Abrams doing Star Wars is that, yes he did have relatively good success with the Star Trek film he made in recent years, but what's important is that he isn't a fan boy of the original franchise of Star Wars. He's a fan - but not a fan boy.. that's really crucial, if he was a fan boy, he would but be going nuts with the story details and other stuff. It's a film for sure that I am going to watch probably with the family near Christmas time, I mean Episode IV was one of the first films that I watched that my family have brought me up on so, watching this will get my nostalgia rocking. One thing to lastly say about this new Star Wars is that, I speak for everyone when I say this as well.. WE WANT THIS FILM TO WORK!! we don't want to watch a repeat of something like Episode 2 where they nothing but talk, Make it feel like the original series please Abrams!!


All right, there you go guys, there are the majority of films that I intend to see this year. I know I may have missed a few ones out like Fifty Shades of Grey but I only wanted to write about the ones that interest me and the ones that are going to be big this year. But that doesn't mean that you guys can interact with this. If you have any suggestions on a film that I should watch this year that I  have left out in this list, Please, feel free to comment.

And I think that wraps everything up for this Blog, again if you want to recommend me a film to watch this year or a film that I should review, please feel free to write in the comments section down below.Thank-you to those who have read the ENTIRE Blog, I give a big hug to you people .I have a good feeling about this year, and I know in these recent weeks to come, you'll be seeing a lot more content from me for once haha. See you later guys and once again.. have a good year :)


Alex Rabbitte



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Film Review

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Film Review

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Film Review