Best Lines/Moments from film

The Best Lines/Moments in Film

Hello everyone and welcome to a some what different Post I have all for you. This is an idea that I've had for a while which involves you guys to get involved in. So basically, the purpose of this Blog Post is essentially to create a list of the best lines or moments in any Film that's been made whether it's a moment that's made you laugh, or a line that has tugged your heart strings. What this Post makes it so unique is that I will always add moments/lines to the list, there won't be ever a point in which this list will end. Now being that I'm someone who studies Film at University level, this list will most likely consist of things that I've personally watched and got attached to. But, what's evidently going to happen is that I won't be able to put everything into this. There's always going to be something that I've missed to put into this list or something that I haven't thought of. Now this is where ALL OF YOU come into play. Since this Post is something that I'll try to add to on a daily basis, I would very much like to hear YOUR FAVOURITE lines/moments from any film you've seen. Again, it can be from any sought of film whether it's something funny, serious, heart-breaking etc. It would be much appreciated if anyone can interact with this and share their opinions to the list. To finish off, I probably won't do this with every single item on this list, but for the majority of the things that I'll put into this list, I will at times share my thoughts on a specific moment/line and telly you guys what I think and possibly where I watched that moment/line for the first time. That about wraps that up, so if you want to add anything to this list, you can in fact add a comment down below and I will more than likely put it into the list. As always thankyou to everyone who reads my Blog Posts and enjoy the list!! Alex Rabbitte.


1. The Great Dictator - Charlie Chaplin speech

Now I know it's a cheesy way of starting off this list of possibly the best lines/moments from film ever, but it does have to be said that it is one heck of a speech. For me personally I've watched it before and I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's a speech that is really appropriate in terms of what's happening in this world today. It would be interesting to see how many people around my age (early 20's) would respond to this speech and what message it's giving off. All in all, it's a speech that I think everyone can admire and get motivated by. Anyway, here is the speech...



2. Taken - 'I don't know who you are...' 

Probably one of the more memorable quotes in cinema of this modern day and age. If I'm completely honest, that quote is the only good in that film really. It just doesn't make sense to me how Liam Neeson, a 50 year old-ish guy can perform all those stunts in that film and not break his bones or something. It's a good thing Taken has a line that people have remembered and have in some way mocked it...


3. The Usual Suspects - 'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled...'



4. Lethal Weapon 2 - 'It's just been revoked' 





5. 2001: Space Odyssey - 'I'm sorry Dave...'

Arguably a great quote coming from one of the most interesting 'evil' characters that's ever graced  the Sci-Fi genre on the silver screen. Although HAL at first may seem to be just a computer, one of the coolest aspects about his character in this film is of course his role reversal in trying to kill the astronauts. 



6. American Beauty - 'Sometimes, there's so much beauty... in the world'

A somewhat omnipotent sequence. It's definitely a scene that kind of gave me the chills due to the music well orchestrated by Thomas Newman.



7. The Sixth Sense - 'I see dead people'



8. Batman & Robin - 'Tonights forecast...'

Yeah just so everyone knows upfront, in this infinite list of lines and moments of film, you are regularly going to see either clips from Arnold Schwarzenegger or from any of the Batman films in the past 25 years. Batman & Robin is a special film, not because it's good (far from it), but it's laughably bad with it's characterisation going off the wall and scenes which make you cringe and question what Joel Schumacher was doing. Anyhow, this is the first of many Schwarzenegger/Batman quotes you're going to see...



9. Good Will Hunting - 'It's not your fault...'

Like with what I said prior to this line/moment with Schwarzenegger/Batman, you may see a lot of clips that do feature Robin Williams. Rightly so as well since it is a shame that Robin Williams, a great character actor, isn't around anymore. In my opinion, one of the better comedians I've watched and someone that I grew up with as a little Salfordian in the early 90's watching films like Hook, Mrs.Doubtfire, Jumanji and of course Aladdin.



10. Forrest Gump - 'Life is a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but probably one of THE lines that is remembered by a lot of people who know film. As far as the film goes, it probably goes up there on my list as one of my favourite films to watch. It has a lot of everything from you can expect from a fictional documentary-ish film.



11. Howl's Moving Castle - 'They say that the best blaze burns brightest, when circumstances are at their worst'

So if you're a regular reader of my Blog or if you generally know me personally, you'll all very much know that I am someone who adores the animations of Studio Ghibli. What I've always appreciated the most is how they go about making their art works and how throughout that method, they manage to create something that is beautiful and near enough realistic. Now although I remember vaguely watching snippets of previous Ghibli titles like Princess Mononoke, the first Ghibli that I had watched all the way through was Howl's Moving Castle. It still remains to be my favourite Ghibli film due to it's story and characters and more importantly, it's animation style. Although there are moments like when Sophie 'meets' the younger Howl which is a cool moment, I had to add this quote in as I like to think it's true and it always gives me some form of inspiration and motivation for some reason.




12. Batman - 'Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?'

A recurring quote in the film that I liked at first hearing it, then I just hated when it was overused...



13. The Other Guys - Tuna Vs Lion

I don't know what it is, but the scene is just funny to me. I just reminds me of when me or one of the other brothers argue with each other. With saying that, I think it's really clever dialogue that appeals to the people that have these strange arguments haha.



14. Austin Powers: Goldmember - 'How about NO!!...'



15. Scream - 'What's your favorite scary movie?'



16. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring - 'You Shall Not PASS!!'

Again like with the Forrest Gump line from before, I would say this epic line that Gandalf hails out is up there with the best lines ever in film, despite it to some being a bit cheesy. Like with Forrest Gump as well, the LOTR films are up there with my favourite films to watch. They never really get boring if I ever decide to rewatch them. the films have this aura about them similar to the original Star Wars films. those two series are in the same high quality bracket for sure.



17. Braveheart - They may take our lives, but they'll never take OUR FREEDOM!!'



18. 300 - 'THIS IS SPARTA!!!'

Yeah... yeah this film is just full of moments like this. Don't get me wrong the choreography and the stylistic choices of 300 are cool to watch, I just find it funny now watching these beasty quotes from this adrenaline pumped film haha.



19. Planet of the Apes - 'Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty Ape!'



20. Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory - 'YOU LOSE!!'

I don't know if any of you watched this when you were little, but this segment kinda ripped your heart out didn't it? I remember the film being sweet and adventurous and then Gene Wilder lets one rip.



21. Scarface - 'SAY HELLO, TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!'



22. Batman & Robin - 'I'm sorry to disappoint you but... rubber lips are immune to our charms'

*sigh...


23. Troy - 'YOU SACK OF WINE'



24. Gran Torino - 'Ever noticed...'



25. Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones - 'I don't like Sand'

Seriously, who the heck wrote that line and thought it was 'ok'. I get it, the scene is supposed to entice the relationship between padme and Anakin, but seriously no... such a cheesy line and awkward scene.



26. Mean Streets - 'What's a Mook?'



27. Castaway - 'I'm sorry WILSON!!'



28. No Country For Old Men - 'What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss?'

I know to some the character of Sigur played by Javier Bardem can look like a big joke with his girlish hair, but trust me when I say that he is one creepy dude. This scene alone shows that.





29. The Front - 'And furthermore, you can all go F*** yourselves'



30. Pearl Harbor - 'You are so beautiful it hurts'

I'm sorry, but it is a cheesy line coming from an overrated film.



31. Titanic - 'Im the kind of the WORLD WOOOOOOHOHOOO!!'

*sigh...


32. Shawshank Redemption - 'Hope is a dangerous thing, hope can drive a man insane'



33. Fight Club - 'The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club...'





34. SpiderMan 3 - 'How's the pie?...'

Yeah this just makes me laugh haha I don't really know why as well. Maybe it's because it's coming from a bad film that again, is laughable.



35. X-MEN - 'You're a dick'

For me, X-Men films tend to have good banter and one liners, this being one of them...



36. They Live - 'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick-ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum'



37. Aladdin - 'Genie, you're Free'

After Robin had died, it honestly felt spooky re-watching this little segment. It's probably because as an audience, we're saying goodbye to him. He'll remain to be one of the better character actors.



38. Inception - 'You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling'



39. Dirty Harry - Being that this is a 44' Magnum...'



40. The Shining - 'HERE'S JOHNNY!!'

Again, a quote that rightly so has been used as a running gag for most comedy shows. With the film however, it does neatly fit in with the creepy repertoire that The Shining has.



41. Total Recall - 'In 30 seconds you'll be dead, and i'll blow this place up and be home in this for corn-flakes'



42. Dr. No - 'Bond... James Bond'



43. The Wicker Man (2006) - 'HOW'D IT GET BURNED?!'

Just for the record, I hate Nick Cage... there, I said it.



44. Point Break - 'I am an FBI Agent'



45. Kindergarten Cop - 'It's Not a tumor'

You just know there's plenty of Arnold quotes yet to come haha.



46. Commando - 'I LIED'

Like this one for example



47. Monty Python & The Holy Grail - 'We are the knights who say Ni! Ni!'



48. Taxi Driver - 'You talkin to me?'



49. Armageddon - 'He's got space dementia'

*sigh...


50. When Harry Met Sally - 'Diner scene'

for the helpless Rom-Com lovers out there.



51. The Dark Knight - 'Why so serious?'

The jokes when my next clip is this one. But seriously alongside Mark Hamill and Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger puts up one of the best and most rememberable Joker performances. One of the better SuperHero films to watch as well.



52. Animal House - 'TOGA'

Yeah I don't know, someone recommended it to me so yeah, here's to that guy



53. Casablanca - 'Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world...'



54. Gone With The Wind - 'Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn...'



55. Batman & Robin - Bat-Credit Card sequence

*sigh...




56. Rocky IV - 'If I can Change...'



57. Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith - 'Not even the Younglings survived'



58. Con Air - 'Put the bunny back in the box'



59. Snakes on a Plane - 'I have had it with these mother f*** snakes, on this mother f*** plane'

Like before, memorable quote, poor film.



60. Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Opening Scene

Too good...








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Film Review

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Film Review

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Film Review