Lemony Snicket's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' UPDATE #1

Netflix's Unfortunate Events Teaser?!



So as promised with my last Film News post in which I talked about my thoughts on how the 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' is coming to Netflix in 2016 which you can check out here - http://rabbittevision.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/lemony-snickets-series-of-unfortunate.html, I did mention that if there was any update on this upcoming series then I would share that info with you all as soon as possible. Obviously from the title you guys can deduce that there is an update... of soughts. Now at first after watching this 30 second 'teaser' I did think to myself that everything I had talked about previously was pretty much shown in this trailer. While it is a series that is mainly directed towards the younger generation, the trailer provided here does illuminate a certain quirky darkness which is something I appreciated a lot in the film adaptation of this story back in 2004. But, with all these positives that I had in my head at the time, I did also question whether or not this trailer was legit since the source of the video didn't come from Netflix directly. After doing a little bit of digging, I did find that this trailer is in fact a fan-made teaser. In the video comments of this video, Netflix themselves said this - 'Nope, this isn't an official Netflix teaser, but we won't call Count Olaf - THIS IS MOST MARVELOUS'. So in actuality, this isn't the teaser most Lemony Snicket lovers were dying to get there set of eyes on. Even though it is a fan-made trailer, firstly I will say that to whoever made this trailer and by chance is reading this, honestly good job. You made me look like a sucker for a day! ;). and lastly, this is probably an accurate account as to how Netflix will approach this series. To reiterate, everything that was shown in this trailer is what I expect Netflix to do; make as quirky and dark as possible. Funnily enough, I did kind of get a American Horror Story vibe towards this trailer which would be interesting if this series to quirks from that series as well. Sorry if this update was short and not something to take in consideration, but I did want to share this teaser even though it was fan-made. In general it's a teaser that again, could be an accurate representation of what we could see with this series. Although this wasn't the real deal, I do believe that in the near future, we will see or hear news about what Netflix is doing with A Series of Unfortunate Events

As always, thankyou to those who took their time to read this Blog Post. I know it might seem like a pointless Blog in terms of this trailer not being real, but it was something that essentially blew up when it was shown on YouTube. If you want to check out more on what I have to say on this, then check out the link near the beginning of this Blog and if you have an opinion on this teaser, let me know what all of you think down in the comments down below. Again, if there's news of any new information regarding this series, then I will try and put up a Post as soon as possible. Right, that about wraps it up, thankyou for reading and I'll see you all very soon!! :)

Alex Rabbitte

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Film Review

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Film Review

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Film Review